Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dear Mister Chairman...

Even at this late date after over a decade of abuse, let me try once more to see if I can find anyone in our representative form of Government who has integrity and is capable of DOING SOMETHING! The letter below was confirmed received on the day it was sent (via FAX):

Chairman Sam Graves
House Committee on Small Business
2361 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone (202) 225-5821
FAX (202) 226-5276 09AUG11

Dear Chairman Graves:

Hi from South Florida. I am writing this letter to you in my capacities as a concerned citizen, a U.S. Army Aviation Warrant Officer Veteran, and as a Veteran Owned Small Business owner (and winner of the SBIR Success Story Award, http://www.canvs.com/support.htm).

I have been fighting tirelessly for the rights of Small Business for the last thirteen plus years. Delaying tactics, obfuscation, disregard for the rule of law, a culture of impunity to accountability, and a self perpetuating “Bureaucratic culture” has resulted in a complete breakdown rendering any legislation designed to protect and foster Small Business ineffective.

After being on the receiving end of what can only be described as arrogant blatant disregard for rules, regulations, policies, procedures and The Law by representatives of my Government, I was reluctantly forced to (after over a decade of exhausting every administrative option available to me and my small business to avoid going to court) file suite in the Court of Federal Claims for theft of Intellectual Property (http://www.canvs.com/CANVS-V-USA/CANVS-V-USA.htm). CANVS Corporation V. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Case 1:10-cv-00540-ECH was filed on August 11, 2010 in The Court of Federal Claims. The case only addresses a small subsection of the abuses that my company (and I) have suffered. Parts of this story have been covered in the media and pursued by law enforcement, but the larger issues have gone unanswered. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17814559/ns/business-world_business/t/itt-fined-million-illegal-exports/), (http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2005/nov/army-colonel-indicted).

I am not writing this letter to complain, I am writing this letter to inform you that I have identified and comprehensively documented a number of very troubling recurring themes that are costing my country dearly. To date my concerns have fallen on many deaf ears (ears that are supposed to respond to these kinds of sounds). If you are interested in understanding the problems I have identified, hearing my ideas on how to fix the problems, and substantively act on behalf of Small Business, I am willing to testify to your Committee, a Grand Jury (as some of the information could result in criminal proceedings if the Department of Justice is so inclined), or whatever body you deem appropriate for me to disclose the decade of evidence I have amassed in the documentation of what I consider to be crimes against my country and an affront to Small Business. With my extensive background in Experimental Physics I should not have been surprised that whistle blowing can not be heard in a vacuum.

I look forward to hearing from you and for an opportunity to meet you and your committee the next time I am in DC.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. Walkenstein
President,
CANVS Corporation
1172 South Dixie Highway Suite 364
Coral Gables, FL 33146-2918
Cell = (305) 582-3301
E-Mail = jon@canvs.com


No response as of yet (if you listen carefully you can hear I am not holding my breath...)

No comments:

Post a Comment