Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not So Freedom Of Information Act...

My (CANVS Corporation) history with the Freedom of Information Act has been semi OK, until recently, all of my requests were eventually answered, even if some were less than forthcoming reference all the materials I requested.

In most cases where I submitted a FOIA request, I already had the information necessary to submit as evidence in Federal Court, but, it is always nice to have ones evidence independently corroborated by official documents provided by the Federal Government.

My most recent FOIAR efforts have been a different story. The request in question was submitted by me to the proper authority within the US Army on 20JAN12, and re-submission at the suggestion of the Office of The Chief of Staff of The Army on 19APR12. 124 days, and 34 days later, both requests are way over the legal limit for a response to my requests. Congress and the President went out of their way to put laws into effect that govern this program in the name of "transparency", in this particular instance I have documented a total break down of not only the system, but also a total lack of enforcement of the law.

As I continue to attempt to hold my Government responsible for their actions, feel free to contact me if you know of any Government Official who has the moral fiber and political horsepower to help. If you listen carefully I am not holding my breath. My hope at this point is that eventually a Federal Judge will be fed up with this blatant disregard for the law and issue a court order for the production of the requested documentation.

For your reading pleasure:

The Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552 As Amended By Public Law No. 110-175, 121 Stat. 2524

Public Law 106-554

No comments:

Post a Comment