Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 24, 2015

FOIA Pong, US Department of State Edition


Time once again for what I call, "FOIA Pong", US Department of State Edition. So on 24SEP15 I sent a FAX to the Department of State Freedom of Information Act Office (Ping). Today I get a letter dated 16OCT15 and post marked 19OCT15, this is a very fast response in my experience. They said, "You may wish to review The Department of State's Touhy regulations at 22 C.F.R. 172 concerning production of documents in court cases." "we can not begin processing your request at this time". They did assign a case control number. F-2015-14960 (Pong).

So after actually reading 22 C.F.R 172 I sent them this:

Thank you for your initial response.

You may wish to review Department of States "Touhy" Regulations, 22 CFR 172 172.1 (e) states:

"Nothing in this part affects disclosure of information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)"

I am requesting this information to confirm that no criminal ITAR violations have occured. I have contacted the FBI Miami Office and reported what I believe may be criminal violations of the economic espionage act, and ITAR. I need your help in determining if in fact any ITAR violations did occur. I can not properly execute my duty as ITAR Compliance Officer for my company without your response to Case Control Number F-2015-14960.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. If I do not get a satisfactory response from your office by FR 30OCT15, I will be happy to discuss the matter with the Office of the Inspector General.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Alexander Walkenstein 
President CANVS Corporation

Let us see how long they take to Pong!

No comments:

Post a Comment