Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I guess I don't know the meaning of the word "prompt"...

69 Days ago I was at The US Court of Federal Claims in Washington DC in front of the Chief Justice of the Court for oral arguments in the claims construction portion of my patent infringement case against Uncle Sam (CANVS V USA). This case was filed on August 11, 2010. It stems from and ongoing battle that began in 2005 (that is 11 years if you are counting). The only issue remaining (for the claim construction portion of the proceedings) was literally the defination of the word "an". A Federal Court in Florida took two and one half years but finally sided with me (and actually upheld the law) on this issue (when used in a patent, if the word "comprising" is followed by the word "an" it means "one or more"). We are still waiting on the Court of Federal Claims decision on the matter. Once the decision is rendered we will finally get a trial date (most likely August 2016 at the earlyest). Let all that sink in as you ponder the inscription on the wall of the Court behind me and my team in the picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment